The PPC advertising market is extremely dynamic. The game rules change every day. For example, new formats, new targeting settings, competitors come and go and bidding reminds a roller coaster. A perfectly tuned ad campaign can become unprofitable the next day which makes you either optimize it or search for alternative traffic sources.
What if you have already tried multiple advertising platforms and mediums but still struggle to profit from conversions? What if you already have a steady traffic flow from one source and feel stuck? Who can help you if you cannot find traffic with a positive ROI?
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of Facebook advertising and explain why it should be a primary platform for business growth.
Facebook Ads provide almost unlimited reach opportunities for your products and services. Moreover, Facebook tries its best in order to show the most relevant ads to its audience in order to make the content more compelling.
Facebook targeting tools allow you to cover any stage of your sales funnel by aiming for ad impressions, lead generation and sales optimization.
The Facebook advertising network has an impressive audience reach.
Here is a short overview of where you can display your Facebook ads:
Facebook: Facebook’s daily audience accounts to 1.52 billion users, with 2.3 billion active monthly users. This ensures almost any business can find people interested in their goods or services.
Instagram: In 2018, Instagram hit 1 billion users worldwide, according to Statista research. The platform is actively moving towards an e-commerce infrastructure and is already a good showcase for businesses and their products. Steadily growing Instagram provides almost limitless opportunities in terms of the visual connection with your audience.
Facebook Messenger: According to Facebook estimations, Facebook Messenger has access to 1.3 billion users worldwide.
Audience Network: The Audience Network makes your ads visible across Facebook’s advertising partners, including Tinder, Cut the Rope, and so on.
Suitable for all advertisers
Facebook Ads can solve different marketing objectives including performance, branding and community growth.
- If you have a website or landing page where you collect leads, you have access to more than 15 different ad formats and lots of ad optimization options.
- If you don’t have landing pages, you can collect lead data directly on Facebook Ads using Lead Ads format and get leads sent straight to your Messenger, CRM or email.
- If you run an online store, upload your market feed and start dynamic remarketing campaigns.
- Promote your Facebook and Instagram brand pages with an opportunity to optimize your ads based on likes and reposts.
- In order to make your brand more recognizable, you can aim for impressions and set up video campaigns.
Accurate targeting options
How do Facebook Ads work? Facebook collects lots of user data which allows it to tailor its advertising accurately to a specific audience.
These are the main Facebook targeting tools available to advertisers:
- Efficient Lookalike audiences. Facebook provides one of the best targeting options aimed at audiences similar to your current users. All you have to do is upload your customer phones or email lists and you will get a quality audience with detailed characteristics. Moreover, you can also create a Lookalike audience from your brand page subscriber list.
- Conversion based optimization. The system will do its best to show your ads to users who have a high probability of converting into a customer. In order to use this tool, you need to install Facebook Pixel on your website, configure events data, transfer to your Facebook Ads account and choose this optimization method.
- Audience Insights. This tool allows you to create quality target audiences. You can analyze your audiences based on particular interests, find overlapping features with other user segments or create your own segments based on all audiences whether they are connected to your brand page or not.
Automation and additional features
Here are 6 more Facebook Ads tools that will help you automate your marketing and boost its efficiency:
- More than 10 types of placements and placement-based optimization algorithms are available. For example, if you choose automated placements, Facebook will prioritize platforms with a higher efficiency rate. If your Instagram feed provides cheaper conversions than your Facebook feed then Facebook Ads will prioritize Instagram placement.
- You can use specific Facebook ad formats as a landing page. They have a greater loading speed which boosts conversion rates:
- Lead Ads - special ad format which allows advertisers to collect prospecting lead data within Facebook using customizable lead forms. Lead data will be stored within Facebook, sent to your CRM or directly to your inbox if you use eLama tools.
- Opportunity to redirect prospecting users from an ad into WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
- Instant Experience (ex Canvas) - an ad format that allows advertisers to create landing-type posts on Facebook. Available only on mobile devices.
- Facebook Ads Split Tests. This tool allows you to A/B test your ad sets by equally spreading traffic between your ads. This allows you to identify the best performing ads and compare the ads’ efficiency. The process is fully automated and it allows you to test out different images, placements and audiences.
- Dynamic Creative. Automated creation and optimization of ad creative, copy and header combinations aimed at maximum content personalization.
- Intuitive platform and tools to simplify ad creation and launch. For example, built-in video editor and image gallery.
- Built-in analytics dashboard with advanced features including cohort analysis, conversion funnels, and attribution model analysis.
A short checklist for those who want to test Facebook Ads
It’s not that hard to start advertising on Facebook. After all, you can check out our webinar recording covering the basics of a successful campaign launch.
Here is a short checklist for beginner advertisers:
- Install Facebook Pixel on your website. This is a crucial step. Also, make sure your event transfer is up and running.
- Create an ad campaign with the Conversions business objective and three targeting types: Lookalike, Interest targeting and remarketing. Set up targeting mutual exclusions in order to avoid audience overlapping.
- Use automated placements to allow algorithms to find the most efficient placements for your ads.
- Use Dynamic Creative and utilize different ad copy, images and unique selling propositions.
- Launch your campaigns and track the results.
Taking the current automation level of Facebook Ads, our main objective as advertisers is to teach the system to find our target audience. Facebook already provides many tools to help you do this. Make sure to take advantage of breaking trends. Just one year ago, Instagram Stories ad format was in the test stage, right now it is one of the primary advertising tools for many businesses with CPM higher than Instagram Feed ads.
What’s going to happen next? Facebook is working on a unified messaging ecosystem for Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp. The social media giant will definitely develop its advertising business in the same direction.
Instagram is also becoming a showcase for e-commerce businesses with new tools aimed at a convenient buying experience right within the platform itself.
Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with digital marketing news.