First of all, log in to your personal account on Facebook. The information from your personal account will not be shown on your business page. So, if you are already logged in, let’s start!
- Go to your Facebook account and click “Create” in the upper right corner, then select “Page” type: business/brand or community/public figure.
You’ll find that Facebook offers a range of features depending on your page type.
Both page types allow you to run ads on Facebook and Instagram, and you can create as many business pages from your profile as you want. We decided to select a business/brand type.
- Fill in the required information. It’s crucial to indicate the exact category — for example, not just “restaurant,” but “sushi restaurant.”
You can hide the address, if necessary, by clicking on the checkmark. Users will only see that the company is located in a specific city or region.
Click Continue to proceed.
Note that doing so indicates your acceptance of Facebook’s Pages, Groups and Events Policies, so you might want to check those out before you proceed.
Setting Up Your New Business Page
It is important to include all the relevant information on your new business profile so it can effectively attract more likes and engagement from your followers. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Add a profile picture and cover photo – most businesses use their logo as a profile picture. A cover photo is that big header at the top of your page, and it is often the first thing your visitors see. That’s why try to select a cover that truly showcases your brand personality.
Check the dimensions of the Facebook page’s profile picture and photo here.
- Create your username, also called your vanity URL, i.e., symbols that will be displayed on your page’s web address after www.facebook.com. Click Create Page @Username in the left menu to set it up.
- Click Edit Page Info in the top menu to fill in your business details: description, phone number, website, email, address, service area, working hours, and other settings.
- Add a CTA button to encourage users to complete the target action.
- Configure your Facebook Business page settings. Look through the settings and change them if necessary.
- Edit Page Roles.
If you want your team to help manage this business page, you can add other people by clicking “Page Roles” in the left-hand sidebar.
Type in their name or email address to find them and select a page role for each of them:
The description of each role will be shown after you select it.
- Select the Right Facebook Business Page Template.
Click “Edit Page” in the left sidebar and then click “Edit” in the “Templates” section.
Facebook offers many different templates for their Business Pages. Each template has its features for different business needs. Click “View details” to learn more about each one.
That’s it! Now you know how to create a Business Page on Facebook.